Nook Exchange is an inventory site for the Nintendo game Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The entire client code is implemented using Reason
, a OCaml sugar. Nook Exchange has over 100,000 registered users!
- Inventory lists (Wishlist, Can Craft, Wishlist, Catalog)
- A feed with users you follow
- Quickly find overlapping items with other users
- Translated items and variants
- Discord community
- Discord bots allow users to indicate that they are interested in trade and will match users that have items to give each other.
I initially built Nook Exchange as an excuse to try out Dark Lang
. However, the site grew more than I expected and so I continued designing and building features. I love Dark but I eventually migrated the backend to a traditional NodeJS/Postgres backend.